During the pandemic, the CNED demonstrated its potential to meet the diverse educational needs of the population. So much so that the French state has signed a financing agreement with the CNED that will allow it to develop its services to a higher level.
Artificial intelligence, remote sensing, interactive reading, use of learning data, adaptive pathways, research, collaboration, mobility, technological possibilities … the ambition is clear and we can expect renewed and efficient services.
In the program:
Innovation in student service
“Improving the efficiency of distance learning means implementing an innovative approach geared to the needs of students through the provision of personalized facilities.”
- Memory fingerprint aims to memorize the basic concepts of the course for a long time thanks to the combination of cognitive sciences and technological solutions. The student receives personalized comments on his / her smartphone to support memorizing his / her lessons.
- Adaptive pathsbased on neuroscience and artificial intelligence, will allow students to take individualized courses according to the level of progress in education.
- Oral practice offers the opportunity to register, train, observe and analyze their performance, independently develop their oral skills using self-assessment grids written by teachers. It is established as part of the Grand Oral to enable independent training of students for this test.
- Collaborative peer learninga solution that allows enriched reading with the ability to highlight, create notes to read, comment and collaborate between peers, among other things.
Development of distance education services and tools
“Designing innovative alternatives for students that offer distance learning and modalities equivalent to the full-time course.”
- Remote monitoring of tests allows remote students to take exams within regulatory requirements.
- Mobile broadcasting is suitable for short-term learning phases based on permanent interactivity. Two experiments are underway, the first with writing and reading interactive content and the second with the implementation of a mobile school control application.
- Use of training data it allows credible modeling of learning behavior and allows a realistic predictive approach. These analyzes should be used to adapt training courses.
To this end, several projects are under way: the initialization of data management in CNED, scientific research work in the field of learning and the implementation of an intelligent virtual assistant for students.
- Dematerialization of assessments allows you to optimize the processing and digitization of student printouts needed to implement the repair.
The necessary transformation in response to challenges
- Consolidation of CNED technical infrastructure to face the challenges of implementing current and future technologies.
- Exchanges with local authorities and academies initiate training projects combining full-time and distance learning in order to meet the challenges of territorial equality and equal access to education.
- Structure of the School of Distance Education Engineering (Eifad) around an extended team that aims to develop certification courses on distance learning engineering and support methods for those involved in distance learning.
Future CNED investment program
Find out more about this news
Check out more news from this institution